Better quality Egyptian cotton clothing can be bought at various chain stores including Mobaco Cottons and Concrete which have many branches throughout the country. The clothes are expensive for Egypt (about EGP180-200 for a shirt) but cheap by Western standards given the quality.
Is shopping in Egypt cheap?
With the prices being very reasonable, there is no need to bargain as you are already getting all the items for the least amount of money. Thus, the market boasts of being one of Egypt’s cheapest markets.
What clothes can you buy in Egypt?
A) Clothes to wear in Egypt
- Shorts or short skirts as you see fit (covering the knee, if possible)
- A couple of T-shirts.
- At least one shirt, blouse, or smart looking top.
- One pair of long trousers.
- A veil/shawl (women only; you can buy it at most souvenir shops as well)
- Swimsuit or bathing suit.
Are things in Egypt expensive?
You will find most things very cheap compared with home. Drinks, especially imported can be exspensive or on a par with UK prices but food is reasonably cheap and meals out cost much less than here. Bargaining is expected and good bargains are to be had on things like clothes and Egyptian cotton. Enjoy!
What is best to buy in Egypt?
17 Uniquely Egyptian Things to Buy in Cairo
- Papyrus Manuscripts and Paintings “Replica” …
- Pottery and Ceramics. …
- Belly Dancing Costume. …
- Ramadan Lantern “Fanoos” …
- Egyptian Musical Instruments. …
- Hand Blown Glass Works and Ornaments. …
- Kohl. …
- Kilim Carpets.
What is good to buy in Egypt?
10 Traditional Souvenirs to Buy in Egypt
- Mini pyramids. Since they are a defining symbol of the country, mini pyramids are one of the most popular souvenirs to buy in Egypt. …
- Papyrus scroll. …
- Scarab. …
- Cartouche. …
- Egyptian jalabeya. …
- Geometric pattern boxes. …
- Leather slippers. …
- Glass sand bottles.
Can you drink the water in Egypt?
In Egypt, drinking water from the tap is not recommended. Water treatment plants in and around Cairo heavily chlorinate the supply, so the water in the capital is relatively safe to drink. However, it is advisable everywhere else in Egypt to purchase bottled water or drink treated or purified water.
How should female tourists dress in Egypt?
You do not need to cover your head in Egypt, but dress modestly. Wear pants or long skirts. Cairo is hot, so loose fitting pants are going to be more comfortable than a pair of skinny jeans. It is also dusty and dirty, so white clothing will appear soiled far more quickly than clothing of other colors.
What is considered rude in Egypt?
As you walk around admiring the many sights Egypt has to offer, avoid pointing which is considered rude. If you must gesture use your whole hand.
What can you buy with 1 dollar in Egypt?
18 Things You Probably Forgot You Could Buy with 1 EGP
- 1 pack of Chipsy.
- 4 packs of Chiclets.
- 1 Metro ticket.
- 1 ball pen (aka 2alam Faransawy)…
- …or 1 pencil (aka 2alam rosas)
- A microbus from Maadi’s Degla Square to Sakanat Maadi Metro station.
- 1 lighter (aka wala3a Seeny)
- 1 LM Blue cigarette.
How much is a Big Mac in Egypt?
While a single Big Mac costs $US 5 in the United States, a Big Mac in Egypt costs just $US 1.46. In other words, using a single five dollar bill, a person can buy three Big Macs in Cairo and still have 62 cents left to spend on other goodies.
How much cash should I bring to Egypt?
The Egyptian Tourism Authority advises that travelers are not allowed to bring more than 5,000 EGP (approximately 320 USD) into the country in local currency. You can bring up to 10,000 USD or the equivalent in foreign currency and then swap it for Egyptian pounds at a currency exchange.
Is food expensive in Egypt?
While meal prices in Egypt can vary, the average cost of food in Egypt is E£194 per day. … Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner. The price of food in sit-down restaurants in Egypt is often higher than fast food prices or street food prices.
How much does rent cost in Egypt?
Cost of Living in Egypt
|Cost of living||One person||Family of 4|
|Rent & Utilities||$249||$306|
|Monthly salary after tax||$212|
How much is rent in Egypt?
1. Housing: According to Expatistan, a website that compiles information provided by expatriates, rent for a furnished 900 square-foot apartment in Cairo costs E£ 5,700 ($319) in what is categorized as an expensive area. The same accommodations in a normal area go for about E£ 3,005 ($165) a month.