The continent of Africa is commonly divided into five regions or subregions, four of which are in sub-Saharan Africa.
What are 5 regions in Africa?
The five regions of Africa.
- The United Nations Geoscheme divides Africa into 5 subregions: Northern Africa, West Africa, East Africa, Middle Africa, and Southern Africa.
- There are 54 countries in Africa.
- An estimated 1.369 billion people live in Africa.
What are the 4 regions in Africa?
Geographic regions in Africa
- Four regions: North Africa, West Africa, East Africa, Southern Africa.
- Five regions: North Africa, West Africa, Central Africa, East Africa, Southern Africa.
- Six regions: North Africa, West Africa, Central Africa, North East Africa, East Africa, Southern Africa.
How is Africa divided into regions?
Regions of Africa
The African continent is commonly divided into five subregions: North or Northern Africa, West Africa, Central or Middle Africa, East Africa, and Southern Africa.
What are the 6 regions of the African Union?
Within the African Union, there are 6 regions: North Africa, West Africa, Central Africa, East Africa, Southern Africa, plus one last region, the “Sixth Region“, which constitutes the African Diaspora.
What are the 10 largest countries in Africa?
Here is a list of the top ten largest countries in square miles:
- Algeria (919,352 square miles)
- Democratic Republic of Congo (905,115 square miles)
- Sudan (728,022 square miles)
- Libya (679,192 square miles)
- Chad (495,624 square miles)
- Niger (489,062 square miles)
- Angola (481,226 square miles)
- Mali (478,714 square miles)
What are the 8 regions of Africa?
Africa has eight major physical regions: the Sahara, the Sahel, the Ethiopian Highlands, the savanna, the Swahili Coast, the rain forest, the African Great Lakes, and Southern Africa.
Why is Africa divided?
This conference was called by German Chancellor Bismarck to settle how European countries would claim colonial land in Africa and to avoid a war among European nations over African territory. … All the major European States were invited to the conference.
Is Israel in Africa continent?
Israel stands at the crossroads of Europe, Asia and Africa. Geographically, it belongs to the Asian continent and is part of the Middle East region. In the west, Israel is bound by the Mediterranean Sea.