– Practical work at a hospital: 1 year (also known as the house doctor year). Post-graduate study for specialization as a cardiologist: 4 years – e.g.UCT, UFS, Wits, UP. – be registered as a medical doctor with the Interim Medical and Dental Council (IMDC) of South Africa for 1 year.
How do I become a cardiologist in South Africa?
Additional Requirements: before commencing post-graduate study for specialisation as a cardiologist, the candidate must:
- be in possession of a MBChB degree for 2 years.
- be registered as a medical doctor with the Health Professions Souncil of South Africa (HPCSA) for 1 year.
How many years does it take to become a cardiologist?
It usually takes 10-13 years to become a cardiologist. They specialise in treating diseases like congenital heart defects, heart failure, coronary artery diseases and valvular heart diseases.
Where can I study cardiology in South Africa?
The Groote Schuur Hospital, University of Cape Town (UCT), one of South Africa’s premier hospitals, is renowned as the training ground for some of South Africa’s best doctors, surgeons and nurses.
How much do cardiologists earn in South Africa per month?
A person working as a Physician – Cardiology in South Africa typically earns around 125,000 ZAR per month. Salaries range from 65,200 ZAR (lowest) to 192,000 ZAR (highest). This is the average monthly salary including housing, transport, and other benefits.
What is the highest paid doctor?
The highest-paid physician specialties
Specialists in plastic surgery earned the highest physician salary in 2020 — an average of $526,000. Orthopedics/orthopedic surgery is the next-highest specialty ($511,000 annually), followed by cardiology at $459,000 annually.
Which is the highest paid job in South Africa?
List Of The Top Ten Highest Paying Jobs And Careers In South Africa
- IT Managers. First on our list of highest-paying jobs in South Africa is ICT. …
- Pilot. …
- Chartered Accountant. …
- Actuary. …
- Specialist Doctors. …
- Software Engineers. …
- Petroleum Engineers. …
- Management Consultant.
How many years does it take to become a neurologist in South Africa?
– Theoretical training: 5 years. – Student internship: 1 year. – Practical work at a hospital: 1 year (also known as the house doctor year). Post-graduate study for specialization as a neurologist: MMed or FCP(SA): 4 years – e.g. UCT, UFS, US, UL,UP, Wits.
What qualifications do I need to be a cardiologist?
Prior to starting your specialty training you need to have completed a medical degree followed by the two-year Foundation Programme and two or three years of core training.
What is the easiest doctor to become?
A general practice doctor has the least amount of requirements for any medical doctor. While these doctors do still have four years of medical school and one to two years of residency after completing four years of undergraduate education, this is the minimum amount of education any medical doctor must undergo.
Is cardiologist a good career?
Career as a Cardiologist is rewarding not only position-wise but also financially. Due to increase in heart patients, number of super specialty heart care centres opens and this will broaden the scope for cardiologists. … A cardiologist can work as a doctor in hospital and can also become a lecturer in medical colleges.
Which type of doctor is best?
- Cardiologists: $314,000.
- Anesthesiologists: $309,000.
- Urologists: $309,000.
- Gastroenterologists: $303,000.
- Oncologists: $295,000.
- Dermatologists: $283,000.
- Plastic surgeons: $270,000.
- Ophthalmologists: $270,000.