|Ranking||Country||Adult Literacy Rate (both sexes, 15+years)|
|2||Sao Tome And Principe||92|
Which country has the highest rate of illiteracy?
With 34% of the illiterate population in the world, India has the largest number of illiterates by far, with second-placed China at 11%. The survey looks at four parameters based on 2001 statistics to arrive at the final Education for All Development Index.
What is the illiteracy rate in Africa?
The illiteracy rate among all adults (over 15-year-old) in 2019, by world region
|Characteristic||The illiteracy rate among all adults|
|Latin America and the Caribbean||6.3%|
What country is number 1 in literacy?
Making 100% Literacy Rates Happen
- High educational standards are seen in countries all around the world, but the literacy rate in some countries, like Andorra, Luxembourg, Norway, Liechtenstein and a few others can’t be ignored. …
- Andorra is one such country with virtually 100% of its populace being literate.
Which is most educated country in the world?
The 12 Most Educated Countries in the World
- South Korea (69.8 percent)
- Canada (63 percent) …
- Russia (62.1 percent) …
- Japan (61.5 percent) …
- Ireland (55.4 percent) …
- Lithuania (55.2 percent) …
- Luxembourg (55 percent) …
- Switzerland (52.7 percent) …
What is the poorest country in Africa?
The ten poorest countries in Africa, with their GDP per capita, are: Somalia ($500) Central African Republic ($681) Democratic Republic of the Congo ($785)
Poorest Countries In Africa 2021.
|GDP (IMF ’19)||$61.03 Bn|
|GDP (UN ’16)||–|
Which country has the poorest education system in Africa?
1. Niger. Niger is the country with the worst education system in Africa with 0.528 EDI. Tied for the lowest adult literacy rate on this list at 28.7%, the educational situation in Niger is bleak.
What country in Africa has the lowest education rate?
Here is the list of countries with the highest illiteracy rates: Niger: Niger is a landlocked country in West Africa is the least literate country in Africa and among the top 10 in the world.
Which country in Africa is the most educated?
Equatorial Guinea is the most educated country in Africa. With a population of 1,402,983, Equatorial Guinea has a literacy rate of 95.30%.
Is African uneducated?
The statistics show that the literacy rate for sub-Saharan Africa was 65 % in 2017. In other words, one third of the people aged 15 and above were unable to read and write. The comparative figure for 1984, was an illiteracy rate of 49 %.