What do you call shut up in African language?
Saying Shut up in African Languages
Language. Ways to say Shut up. Afrikaans. Bly stil.
How do you say shut up in South Africa?
bek – derogatory term for mouth (Afrikaans: an animal’s mouth); hou jou bek – “shut up” (literally” “hold your [animal’s] mouth”).
How do you say shut up in every language?
In other languages shut up
- American English: shut up /ʃʌt ˈʌp/
- Arabic: يَسْكُتُ
- Brazilian Portuguese: calar a boca.
- Chinese: 闭嘴
- Croatian: zašutjeti.
- Czech: zmlknout.
- Danish: holde mund.
- Dutch: zwijgen.
How do you say shut up in slang?
- button it (slang)
- pipe down (slang) Just pipe down and I’ll tell you what I want.
- put a sock in it (British, slang)
- keep your trap shut (slang)
- cut the cackle (informal)
- button your lip (slang)
How do u shut someone up?
Interrupt them as soon as you can.
- Signal that you would like to speak by holding up your hands, opening your mouth, or clapping. …
- If they ask to finish their thought, don’t let them continue to steamroll the conversation; interrupt them once they finish their sentence.
How do you say shut up in Irish?
Shut up! = Éist do bhéal!
How do u say hello in South Africa?
1. Howzit – A traditional South African greeting that translates roughly as “How are you?” or simply “Hello”. 2. Heita – An urban and rural greeting used by South Africans.
Is Moerse a swear word?
However, a complainant – an Afrikaans speaker – said the translation of the phrase “The mighty South African burger” to “Die moerse Suid Afrikaanse burger” was incorrect and said the word moerse was offensive as the translation was not mighty, but a swear word.
How do you say shut up in Swiss?
Shut up! Hopp Schwiiz ! This phrasebook is an outline and needs more content.
How do you say stay stop in German?
However, a number of clear phrases expressing a version of stop utilizing the German words identified above.
- Hör auf damit! (Stop that!)
- Halt mal! (Wait a second!)
- Zum Halten bringen (to bring to a standstill)
- Halt’s Maul! (Shut your trap!)
What does the word F * * * * * mean?
verb (used without object) Slang: Vulgar. to have sexual intercourse. to meddle (usually followed by with). interjection Slang: Vulgar. (used to express anger, disgust, peremptory rejection, etc., often followed by a pronoun, as you or it.)
Does B mean BAE?
B is a letter, yes, but it’s also a shortening of several words: brother, babe, bae, boo … you get the point. … One that is one letter … voila, here’s B. In fact, this abbreviation has been in use since at least 2005, according to Urban Dictionary entries.
What does G mean in texting?
short for “gangster” or “gangsta.” Used in greeting to a friend or associate.