In Africa, household water use averages 47 litres per person. In Asia, the average is 95 litres. In the United Kingdom the average is 334 litres per person per day and in the United States the average is 578 litres per person per day.
How many gallons of water does the average person in Africa use each day?
2. Compared to 92 gallons of water per day used by Americans, Europeans use on average about 53 gallons of water per day, and in sub-Saharan Africa, people use only 3-5 gallons per day. a. Why do you think people in these other regions of the world use so much less than the average American?
How much water does the average person use each day?
Estimates vary, but, on average, each person uses about 80-100 gallons of water per day, for indoor home uses.
How much water does Africa have?
Overall, Africa has about 9% of the world’s fresh water resources and 16% of the world’s population. There are about 17 rivers in the African continent.
Which country uses the most water per person per day?
The U.S. uses a large amount of water each day compared to other countries.
- Average person in U.S.: 156 gallons a day.
- Average person in France: 77 gallons a day.
- Average person in India: 38 gallons a day.
- Average person in Mali: 3 gallons a day.
What uses the most water in the world?
This is the activity that uses the most water worldwide
Perhaps unsurprisingly, agriculture places a larger strain on the world’s limited water resources than any other human activity. By some estimates, a whopping 70 percent of all freshwater globally is used for agriculture.
How much water does a 20 minute shower use?
If a standard showerhead is fitted, it will use around an extra half a gallon each minute, accounting for a 25-gallon emittance every 10 minutes, or 50 gallons throughout a 20-minute shower. *1 gallon = 4.54 litres.
Who wastes the most water?
7 Countries That Waste the Most Water
- Canada– population in thousands: 30 889- 29.1 m3. …
- Armenia– population in thousands: 3 090- 27.3 m3. …
- New Zealand– population in thousands: 3 906- 26.1 m3. …
- USA– population in thousands: 288 958– 22.6 m3. …
- Costa Rica– population in thousands: 3 963- 19.9 m3.
What uses the most water in your home?
The largest use of household water is to flush the toilet, followed by taking showers and baths. Toilets account for nearly 30 percent of an average home’s indoor water consumption. Older, inefficient toilets can use as much as three to six gallons per flush.
How much water does a person use per month?
What is Average? The water industry estimates that an average person uses 3,000 gallons of water monthly, so a family of 4 would use 12,000 gallons for bathing, cooking, washing, recreation and watering.
How many Litres of water should I drink a day for free?
The U.S. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine determined that an adequate daily fluid intake is: About 15.5 cups (3.7 liters) of fluids a day for men. About 11.5 cups (2.7 liters) of fluids a day for women.
What is average household water consumption?
Average Residential Water Use in 2016: 85 Gallons Per Person Per Day. The reported data shows that on average Californians used 85 gallons of water per person per day in 2016.